A Conversation for Tea

How many sugars?

Post 21

Steiner

how about a silver straw ?

i had another idea: probably tea just isn´t designed for drinking. perhaps it´s just a big marketing gag from the coffee lobby. they want people to talk about tea and while they talk they drink a lot of coffee from the coffee automat. which is a great way of getting yourself something to drink: no teapot, no tea, no sugar (just sweetener, which directly leads to the question: how many sweetener should i put in my tea .... ?) and no straws. just a plain plastic cup. and sometimes in rare cases it even tastes like vegetable soup, so it substitutes lunch smiley - smiley.


Who needs sugar when you can use onion!!

Post 22

Mr. Sloth

Is anyone else out there familiar with the onion phenomenom.
Chew and swallow a small piece of raw onion.
Drink some nice strong tea without sugar.
The tea tastes very sweet.
Bizarre.
Why?


Who needs sugar when you can use onion!!

Post 23

Whizabiz

You Actually Did that? I mean, Raw onion and tea? You have got to be nuts! (Raw Onion is revolting under any circumstance)


Who needs sugar when you can use onion!!

Post 24

Steiner

that is .... actually disgusting. even for me.
i tried it, but i couldn´t get the onion sucked through the straw. perhaps with onionjuice ( can´t taste stranger than this bergamott oil in the earl grey) ?


Who needs sugar when you can use onion!!

Post 25

Bluebottle

That's because you use onion-granules, and not ONION-CUBES. They are much better, and make a very satisfying "splosh" when they land in your tea.
smiley - smiley


Who needs sugar when you can use onion!!

Post 26

Mr. Sloth

I discovered this by accident, washing down some onion from a salad with a sip of tea.
I don't know if it works putting the onion into the tea or if it requires a reaction with the amylase in saliva first.
I'm not recommending that you chew the onion, then spit it into the tea. Now that would be disgusting.


How many sugars?

Post 27

Bluebottle

I prefer my Tea shaken, not stirred.


How many sugars?

Post 28

Gert

Which is the best artificial sweetener to use instead of Real Sugar? I use a brand called 'Hermesetas'. It says on the box that 1 tablets equals 2 lumps of sugar, but those must be very small lumps because I find that I need either 3 Hermesetas or 3 lumps. I find tea without sugar quite undrinkable. I generally don't like coffee but find it barely acceptable provided I can add milk. Sugar in coffee is quite undrinkable (milk or not). Strange, huh?


How many sugars?

Post 29

Bluebottle

Hmm... I've never had much success with sweeteners, but have you tried that "half spoon" sugar? It's quite good - it's what my family uses - I'm not all that bothered about sugar/sweeteners really. I can't stand my own tea without sugar, but often drink other people's and it tastes fine. (Made by other people - I don't nick strangers tea smiley - winkeye ) It might be the water here... As for sugar in cofee - I don't tend to drink coffee, but I must admit I never sugar it when I do.


How many sugars?

Post 30

Newton

I partly agree with you, althoguh I take 2 sugars. I like to put both on top of each other and then dip the bottom one into the cup and watch it soak up the tea, and then the top soaks up the tea from the bottom one! smiley - fishsmiley - smiley


How many sugars?

Post 31

Marv335

I take my tea "N.A.T.O. Standard", that is to say with milk an two sugars, or two an' a coo (cow) in the local dialect.
and does anyone know why tea goes funny when you put it in a thermos flask?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more