A Conversation for Tea

How many sugars?

Post 1

Tony C


How many sugars?

I like two but the best cup of tea I ever get is made by my granny and she puts in an extra one for luck.


How many sugars?

Post 2

PM

0!


How many sugars?

Post 3

MattC

Sugar? In tea? Are you quite mad?


How many sugars?

Post 4

chris Researcher 26207

yuk!! http://www.hands77.freeserve.co.uk


How many sugars?

Post 5

ichy

hello mouse
from mouse
byezzz


How many sugars?

Post 6

BlameLewis

one
or two if it's been a hard day...
but!
in earl grey...
none - it's perfect already,
aaaah.


How many sugars?

Post 7

CrunchyFrog

My girlfriend argues that 'us lads' always takes two sugars at a time since we can't regularly have that in real life, narmean?


How many sugars?

Post 8

Researcher 39305

It really depends on the tea...I usually don't have any, but 1 is acceptable under certain circumstances.


How many sugars?

Post 9

Bluebottle

Now, although many people have considered the QUANTITY of sugars that make the cup of tea, the true question as to the QUALITY has been, thus far, ignored. The truth is, you cannot just put in any old sugar, but it has to be of the proper type.
For me, the best cup of tea cannot be with a spoon or two, but in fact, old fashioned SUGAR CUBES are needed. This is, of course, due to the satisfying splash they make when they land in the tea, and the way you can hit them with a coffee spoon at the bottom of the cup. Sugar that just disolves has exactly the same taste, but putting in a spoonful and stirring means you miss out on the best part of the sugar experience.
As for the number of sugars - I never put any in my tea.


How many sugars?

Post 10

CrunchyFrog

What on earth would anyone want to do with a coffee spoon in a teacup??? smiley - smiley


How many sugars?

Post 11

Bluebottle

Use it to mutate into something with far longer arms, which is incapable of drinking Tea, of course!


How many sugars?

Post 12

Nano

Ello everyone... I'd have to say that the amount of sugar, or the amount of lack thereof, would have to be gauged by the type and strength of the tea. Of course, another factor would include how much you like things that are sweet. Um. I steep my tea WAY past the legal limit, to the point where it is getting thick... and then use 3 sugars... but then, I've also been known to throw a teabag into a pipin' hot cup of 'already strong enough leave me alone' coffee.

Help


How many sugars?

Post 13

PM

Tea in coffee! Are you sure you're not an alien?


How many sugars?

Post 14

Nano

I call it Teafee. Give 'em a coupla years... they'll come around to the idea....


How many sugars?

Post 15

Steiner

you can put in as much sugar you like to , but dont stirr the spoon if you do not like it to sweet !


How many sugars?

Post 16

Sparrow Hawk

How would you stir the spoon? I know this is a mute point, but I've known several dishes to go stark raving mad for far less, and I'm pretty sure using the spoon to stir or not stir the tea would be a lot less risky than stiring the spoon itself.
I think I would recomend going with an earlier suggestion, leave the spoon entirly out of it and use suger cubes instead.
And leave the coffee out as well please.


How many sugars?

Post 17

Steiner

that´s going to be far too complicated for me. why not just leave the
sugar, the coffee and the tea where it is and use a tasteless straw to suck the tea directly from the pot. no heat loss, no loss of taste, never a sugar problem and you can use a second straw in an additional pot for the milk. only thing is just a big, big loss of style, but that isn't the problem we are talking about, is it ?


How many sugars?

Post 18

Davion Q/93

Amen, brother!


How many sugars?

Post 19

Whizabiz

Nonsense! Suck it through a straw??? You will scorch off your toungue and have nothing left to taste tea or anything else with! Use a silver teaspoon to stir in as much sugar as you want.


How many sugars?

Post 20

Davion Q/93

Humph! Spoilsport! smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post