A Conversation for Fish Recipes

Fish Train Crash

Post 1

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

So called due to the tomatoes found therein, this is one of the easiest fish recipes ever and absolutely yum to boot:

- Take one fish or part there of and place on a sheet of tin foil.
- Fold the tin foil over the fish and seal it at two of the three edges by folding it over a couple of times
- Drop in a lump of butter, a finely chopped onion, some freshly chopepd tomatoes as well as any other veg you fancy.
- Season well, adding a splash of white wine should you feel like really going crazy.
- Seal the remaining edge as above making sure nothing can escape, and bung the whole shaboodle into a hot over for 20-25 mins.

Hey presto, done and dusted ... serve with new potatoes and some brocolli (heated rather than cooked) ... Robert is your fathers brother ... easy as pi ... 3.14159265.... etc ...


Fish Train Crash

Post 2

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Hmmm... strange... I always think of Robert as being my Mothers brother, even though he actually *is* my fathers brother. Or my Mothers nephew. Um...


Fish Train Crash

Post 3

SeedNotHerd

A variant on your recipe. Include some finely chopped parsley during the onion cooking stage, and thin slices of lemon on top at the end, before wrapping and sealing, and it comes to resemble (though not perhaps by the classic definition) the Greek recipe fish plaki. With so many flavours it's good for relatively boring, tasteless or cheap white fillets such as coley.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more