A Conversation for Dealing with Divorce

Little money left and dumped

Post 1

OlderWoman

Hi
I am a 58 year old woman who has been with a wonderful man 16 years younger for 15 years - 10 of those married. We have had some very difficult times over the years but we always felt we would be together to the end and he often said to people that I was his whole world etc etc. I thought we were very happy! We moved from the UK to Australia at the beginning of the year and I have just returned to UK to visit my daughter (not his we have no children) who has had her first child.

Two days ago he rang me and blurted out that he wants a divorce, this was followed by crying and declaring his love for me. I am utterly devastated, I cannot believe it - I said I would fly back immediately but he says his mind is made up and it will not change. He still loves me madly but I no longer make him happy. I had my own, mortgage free house, good job, nice car etc when I met him and he had nothing.

We sold my stuff and bought properties in other places all of which have lost money and now from £300k cash I have about £80k. I just don't know what to do, I can't afford to buy a property here, I will try to get a job but at my age in this climate it won't be easy. I just keep crying and feeling like my world has come to an end. This man is/was my soulmate and I truly believed this would never happen to us. How do people get through something like this?


Key: Complain about this post

Little money left and dumped

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more