A Conversation for Restless Leg Syndrome

Wow!

Post 1

PhilFogg

Hey! Looks like I've been suffering from RLS for years without even knowing it! I used to think this rather, err, bizarre condition (have you ever tried describing to people what it feels like?? - "Well, you know, I lie down, and my legs start moving...") was a symptom of my ever-increasing madness...
Now I know I may be mad, but thanks to you, at least this leg thing can be cured!

Thank you!!!


Wow!

Post 2

You can call me TC

You don't mention the menopause at all - I thought this was the only time people got it? At least I've only heard of menopausal women getting it. Now I know I was mistaken.

I can hardly say it is cheering to know that anyone can get it. The only time I had it was after I had had an emergency operation and was in intensive care (with about 8 tubes hanging out of me, and thus practically tied to the bed). On reading your explanationsI now see that it may have been caused by the medication I was receiving at the time, which is a relief. And I certainly don't want to get it again in a hurry, so I'm glad to see someone taking it seriously.

When I get a cramp, I try very hard to relax the muscles, breath slowly and wait for it to go away. But nothing helped this RLS business. I kept wanting to push against the foot of the bed and can imagine too much of this driving you mad.


Wow!

Post 3

Amanda Noon

Ahh finally a page about this odd thing which has caused many a huffed argument at night in our ooue. I've been known to run upa nd down the stairs to try and get it to go. I know that alcohol sets mine off but sometimes ... well the need to get blotto wins over the need for a good nights sleep.

I find propping feet up on a pillow sometimes helps. When I was pregnant it was a nightmare. What with legs and the baby.... if it wasn't one it was the other. Now I drink very little tea and coffee and watch teh alcohol intake too close to bedtime.

I hope I never have it bad enough to have to take drugs to stop it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more