A Conversation for 'Wacky Races' - the TV Series

Stop the pidgeon?

Post 1

scaryfish

Great! Sure brings back memories... Does anyone remember Stop the pidgeon? Mabey it was Catch the pidgeon.. It had Dick Dastardly and Muttley in it as well...

That was one of my favourite cartoons.


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 2

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

Definitely Stop the Pidgeon, I have a CD which features rock and pop bands covering Saturday Morning Cartoons, and my favourite of those is Stop the Pidgeon.

...can't recall immediately who covered that one...


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 3

Godless Infidel

Um, actually, the series was called Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines - it's in the article!! Anyway, it was Reverend Horton Heat who covered the song on the Saturday Morning Cartoons CD - one of the best on the album, to be sure!

gI


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 4

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

I thought he meant what was the name of the song - I know it wasn't the name of the cartoon!

Shuh!

smiley - winkeye


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 5

Demon Drawer

I think be another case of a US series having a different name in the UK. EG Top Cat was Boss Cat when the cat food company complained about copyright. I do recall 'Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines' and my HB theme album (UK Edition)smiley - blush lists 'Stop the Pigeon' as being the theme of the show of the same name.


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 6

scaryfish

I'm fairly sure the cartoon was called Stop the Pidgeon here (New Zealand) anyway. I think that "Wackey Races" was called "Wackey racers" as well.... here anyway.


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 7

Godless Infidel

Ahhh, my American bias has shown through again! Sorry, I keep forgetting that in exchange for mangling your language, we allow you to justifiably change titles for certain creative properties smiley - winkeye Maybe it's just revenge for our retitling and repackaging the Beatles albums . . . say, you don't call him Vicar Horton Heat, do you?

gI
(the ugly American)


Stop the pidgeon?

Post 8

Demon Drawer

Actually the Scottish Reseasrchers came to the concensious at their mini-meet recently that it may have actually been 'Catch the Pigeon' here in the UK.


Key: Complain about this post