The Post 140: Tweet-A-Guide-Entry

1 Conversation

The Twitter logo

The Tweet-A-Guide-Entry Challenge


Last week, we set a challenge for our Twitter followers to write a Guide Entry in just one Tweet. With only 140 characters to play with, we had some interesting responses...

Reefgirl

WRC: A motorsport where cars are driven on 3 different surfaces, sideways is a preferred position, won 6 times recently by the French.
F1: A motorsport where 20 cars line up and drive round in circles for 2 hours. A sport for Princes, playboys, weirdos and bimbos.

Psycorp

Jeremy Clarkson: mop haired TV presenter/ranting halfwit, inexplicably popular despite being UK's number one polluter. Smells awful.

Gnomon

Moorhen: small black water-bird with red beak. Lives in ponds and slow rivers. Settles disputes with other moorhens by kick boxing.

The Jon M


The Jon M tweeted so many responses to this challenge that #post140 was momentarily the top trending subject. These are a few of his responses to the challenge.

Lambs: Innocent bouncy fluffy young farm creatures of joy that inhabit fields during spring and kebab shops at night.
Sheep: Brooding, grass chewing woollen beasties that spend all day dreaming of the downfall of humanity, hikers in particular.
Yo-yo: Down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down.
Nick Griffin: The hateful result of sending a boy with the face of a melted owl to an all girls school. An insult to Great Britain
Centrifugal Force: Does not exist, it is just the effects of momentum. Mentioning it causes physicists to foam at the mouth.
M62 Motorway: It ain't no technological breakdown, oh no, this is the road to Hull.

Beatrice

Hot Toddy: Measure of whiskey, lemon stuck with cloves, spoon of honey, into heated glass, top up with boiling water. Or use port.

B'Elana

Hallowe'en: Nobody really knows its origins. Was celebrated as All Hallows Eve mainly by the Scots and Irish; now American commerce.

Demon Drawer

Tea: Is a drink normally served hot, though occasionally cold, in best china. It can be served with milk or not, sugar is optional.

Rich

X Factor: Show in which talentless singers are ritually abused for baying rabble, Simon Cowell and record deal, ruining Hallelujah.


To join in future challenges and to be kept up with news from the post team, just follow us at the Post Team Twitter page.

The Competitions and Quizzes
Archive

Various Contributors

26.10.09 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A58758925

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more