A Conversation for Waffles

Waffles

Post 1

Researcher 31619

Not just for breakfast, but Lunch and Dinner as well. Savoury Waffles, Sweet Waffles or straight with Maple Syrup. Visit Norwich for a real Waffle House experience.


Waffles

Post 2

Researcher 33082

I think that the best SuperSugary Waffles come from France. Try the chocolate and caramel supreme. Mmm mmm!


Waffles

Post 3

Sweetie

The best waffle variation - in my humble opinion - is "beaver tails." I know, crazy name, it's a Canadian thing. If you ever go to Ottawa during the winter, go skating on the Rideau Canal and buy yourself a beaver tail. It's a waffle (shaped like what else? a beaver's tail) and topped with icing sugar or whipped cream or jam or whatever. Extremely yummy.


Waffles

Post 4

Samson

Enough of french or "beaver tail" waffles! What of the much loved English waffly versatile potatoe variety? Surely there are some fellow fans out there who find the thought of consuming anything sweeter than a raisin for breakfast entirely sickly. I guess its an American/Canadian/French (beaver?) thing.


Waffles

Post 5

Stephen P.

I've heard tell of a sugary, doughy confection known as a lewaf - a corruption of waffle, I think. I don't know much about them; the poeple I asked were on such a sugar high I couldn't understand them. They seem to have originated in the Western US. Have mutated waffles finally run amuck? Is this a sign that Judgement Day is near?


Waffles

Post 6

Samson

If it is nigh, then youl'll find me locked in my house with a fridge full of waffles and a cupboard full of baked beans to boot.


Waffles

Post 7

Researcher 30146

Of course, we've all missed the most important version - the potato waffle. This mashed-up root version doesn't hold maple syrup for very long, which is a good thing, as this makes this type of waffle taste disgusting. However, according to some TV adverts, they do go well with beans, bangers, bacon, burgers, fish fingers with eggs in, eggs on, gammon, steak, chops!

Grill 'em, bake 'em. fry 'em and eat 'em, cos they're waffly versatile!


Waffles

Post 8

Researcher 156769

I think the beauty of waffles is they have a lot of empty space you can fill with melted chocolate.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more