A Conversation for Paradox

Customer Service Paradoxes

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Customer service personnel are particularly good at creating paradoxes, probably because they serve to delay and otherwise stymie the person seeking help. This allows the department to run more efficiently, with fewer staff.

Example #1: Advanced Chicken and Egg

The hardware vendor tells you the software is to blame. The software vendor tells you the hardware is to blame. Now neither company feels obligated to help you, though it must be the fault of one or the other.

Example #2: Self-referential Media

The manufacturer of your fax machine makes instructions to fix your unit available only through a Fax Back system. The drivers for your modem are only available online. The internet service provider for new users only advertises through internet banner ads. Since you can't reach the company employees, they are under no obligation to help you.

Are there any others?


Customer Service Paradoxes

Post 2

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

For #1: Call both vendors together and they blame the customer.
For #2: Open a new email account. The service desk is only allowed to say that userid and password are sent by email to your new account.


Customer Service Paradoxes

Post 3

Lotte

cant find the light switch


Customer Service Paradoxes

Post 4

Simonus

thats brilliant!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more