A Conversation for Customer Services (UK)

Another neat little trick..

Post 1

Blockjaw

A video club service that I use has removed their customer service phone number from their invoices. This forces you to hunt for old invoices to find the number to call when you have a problem. Once you get through (provided you call during the correct business hours) you are given the multi-menu opportunity: Press 1 for English, Press 1 for an existing account, enter your membership number, enter you postal zip code, all of our representatives are busy helping other customers please stay on the line and someone will be right with you, your call may be monitored for quality please press 1 if you agree, I'm sorry but all of our representatives are busy assisting other customers please call back later, "dial tone".

I discovered the trick.. I press "0" immediately and am whisked to magically to a free customer service representative. I no longer play the maze game with these companies.


Key: Complain about this post

Another neat little trick..

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more