h2g2's Virtual Birthday Party

8 Conversations

Happy Second Birthday h2g2!

A bottle of Champagne popping

h2g2 launched on 28 April, 1999, live on the BBC science programme, Tomorrow's World. This year we are celebrating our second birthday, and would like to invite all our Researchers to join us in a virtual party.

The Bar

Clinking beer glasses

The virtual drinks are on the house! Here's a toast to h2g2!

The Dance Floor

Tango dancers

Come and join your fellow Researchers on the Dance Floor. The DJ is ready and he has left behind his Russ Abbot and Black Lace records, so let's boogie!

The Kitchen

A little birthday cake

You will find plenty of interesting people in the kitchen at parties. Oh and the food and the fridge too...

The h2g2 Real-time Summer Party

The Next UK Event is currently being planned and will be held on 7 July 2001. Hope to see you there!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A539561

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more