A Conversation for A Guide to the Menu at Starbucks

McCafe

Post 1

Researcher Ragnaschlock

As if the overtaking of America by Starbucks isn't bad enough, McDonald's is lauching it's own chain of proto-cafe's, one of which is currently acting as flagship in (I believe) Chicago. The concept is the same as all the other chains: coffee, sweets, coffee related items for sale, and those annoying bistro table and chair sets that wobble no matter what you do. If the first McCafe does well, McD's plans to expand. Great. On one intersection we'll have a petrol station, a Starbuck's, a McCafe and a Deitrich's.


McCafe

Post 2

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

starbucks assimilating the coffee world is one thing.... mcdonalds is totally another! ick ick ick. of course, this could go the way of "McPizza" and fade into a bad dream....


McCafe

Post 3

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Starbucks owned by McD's?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/FFM65230?thread=111239&skip=0&show=20#p957625 there is already a bit of discussion about the ethics of Starbucks here and I'm just about to go there and post some non libbelous info on them.

And isn't this advertising that the vogons can make some money from?
*off to get some facts*
Z.


McCafe

Post 4

Researcher Ragnaschlock

If McD owned SB, they wouldn't need McCafes. Does seem like it though, doesn't it?


McCafe

Post 5

friendlywithteeth

mcds owns pret a manger...


McCafe

Post 6

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

what is pret a manger? do tell. smiley - smiley


McCafe

Post 7

friendlywithteeth

its like a sandwich bar thing... it sets itself up as a save the world kind of place: ironic when you think who owns it!


McCafe

Post 8

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Nowhere near as good as a prpoer sandwich bar like Subway! Tho, don't know who owns that tho!!

Z. smiley - whistle


McCafe

Post 9

friendlywithteeth

I like the locally owned ones...


McCafe

Post 10

riotact : like a phoenix from the ashes

MacDo, Snagbucks, etc... the end of all that is good and beautiful.

o brave new world, that has such styrofoam in it!


Key: Complain about this post