A Conversation for Tips for Camping in the Wild

Wild camping ??

Post 1

Bertie

Love the long list - tried that once - managed to walk all of 10 miles before the ruksac frame gave up the ghost, it was just too much.
Now i go camping about once a month - solved the gear problem nicely.
If you are going to hike you must take the minimum, otherwise your trip will be spoilt by the toil.
Now i live in Norway and have an open boat - the boat takes everything, the only consideration is time, how much time do i want to spend packing the boat.
2 day/3 day trips. No trespass laws and most people are cool.
Sometimes i just moor up and sleep in the boat, other times the tent - if the weather turns foul then perhaps a veranda somewhere.
I have come to know places very well, so there is a place the inshore dolphins regurlarily patrol, another where im likely to see otters, another where there is good fishing.
In the autumn there is allways the likelyhood of seeing the northern lights - very spooky - a reminder of how we are connected.


Key: Complain about this post

Wild camping ??

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more