A Conversation for Tips for Camping in the Wild

Camping in the wild

Post 1

PANAMA

May I humbly suggest a few very important items to be taken along whilst camping in the wild:

Firstly, an easily referenced guide to the food chain with your position on it clearly indicated. This is important for two reasons. You may need assistance in finding something edible should you become lost.

Secondly, upon encountering any native wildlife, one needs to quickly establish whether or not you are part of its customary diet. In these cases what you do and how quickly you do it will have a great impact on whether or not you become an entree.

When camping in the United States extra measures are advised. It is wise to carry a pocket copy of the FBI's most wanted list. American campers have had more than a few unhappy encounters with those they have met in the wild when it turns out that their goals for being there is not to observe the marvels of nature.


More Camping in the wild

Post 2

jdjdjd

and only drink water from clean fast-flowing sources, after checking upstream for dead animals.

Iodine tablets or other water purification systems may be necessary as well as boiling, depending on where you're travelling. I speak as someone who goes walking in the English Lake District and Scotland - don't know what you'd do in an area of swamp.


Key: Complain about this post

Camping in the wild

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more