A Conversation for Richard O'Brien - Songwriter, Musician, Actor, and Presenter

Dark City

Post 1

Hoovooloo


I'm very surprised this entry does not mention the movie "Dark City". Richard O'Brien plays "Mr. Hand", one of a race of reality-shifting aliens, every single one of whom looks like, well, Richard O'Brien. The look of the race seems to have been designed around him. It's an excellent film, and worth seeing. And if you do, bear in mind while watching that it was made several years before "The Matrix", which made the idea of questioning the nature of reality sexy.

SoRB


Dark City

Post 2

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Oh hey, I remember that film! It's not a clever idea to watch it after you've been down the pub though. It'll send you perculiar.

smiley - ale


Dark City

Post 3

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/

In case anyone's curious. Well worth a look.
I'm sure there's a case for arguing that 'The Gentlemen' from Buffy the Vampire Slayer were inspired by the look of the aliens from this film.

smiley - ale


Dark City

Post 4

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Also not good to watch after you have been smiley - erm doing a bit of a "Bob Marley" and then have to walk miles in the Dark to get home, feeling stupidly paranoid all the way...


Dark City

Post 5

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

However a brilliant film IMHO.

I think the director (Proyas?) is very good.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Richard O'Brien - Songwriter, Musician, Actor, and Presenter

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more