A Conversation for Judge Dredd - Lawman of the Future

New movies

Post 1

ApeSod

I take it you've heard about the two new Dredd movies goin into production? I'm a bit 'hmmmmmmm?' about them judging by the last film. And he better not take his helmet off this time!!!


New movies

Post 2

NexusSeven

Hopefully they won't be a turgid effects-heavy star vehicle...

Although script, budget, casting details etc are sketchy at the moment, it sounds as though its going to be closer to the spirit of the comic, but probably a bit low-budget.


New movies

Post 3

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

They should be a lot closer to the Comic, as they are being made by the current owners of the comic, if they ever get made that is...

Rebellion are also making a New JD computer game!


New movies

Post 4

NexusSeven

"if they ever get made that is"

I have to say that I believe this to be extrEEEEmely unlikely... I can't remember if I had inside info on this or not, but I have the distinct impression that even if they do get made, they're years off yet.

"Rebellion are also making a New JD computer game!"

It looks pretty good, but it remains to be seen what it plays like...


New movies

Post 5

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

yeah, quite!

Rebellion seem to be really pushing the whole 2000AD stable, merchandising etc...


New movies

Post 6

NexusSeven

Some people have described it as Rebellion 'strip-mining' the comic for marketable concepts and games etc, but of course I wouldn't put it quite so uncharitably. smiley - winkeye


New movies

Post 7

Nate

2000 ad has got a lot better under rebellion but id be really be really cynical about a new movie after the mess they made of the last one.


New movies

Post 8

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Yeah.... I'd still like to see it though!

I'd also like to see the director's cut of the original film!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more