A Conversation for The Holy Rosary

No Subject

Post 1

Raymond

First, Re:footnote #3: I want to state that the 'Apostle's Creed'and the 'Hail, Holy Queen' are always listed as part of the Rosary. Could you please state where your information comes from?

Second I want to thank you and applaud your efforts in this entry. It's my favorite devotion. You did a nice job.

Raymond the Curmudgeon
researcher #205946


Rosary question

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I was the sub-ed here, not the author, but here is my smiley - 2cents. From what I remember, the creed/hail holy queen are included as a matter of tradition, but it's still considered saying the rosary without them.

Myself, I've never managed to memorize the Hail Holy Queen.


Rosary question

Post 3

weirdo07

Hello, Raymond and Mikey! smiley - smiley
What an unexpected entry...smiley - rose Thanks!
Salve Regina is beautiful and very easy to remember in Latin...


Rosary question

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I was at church yesterday and people were saying the rosary during that interlude between reconciliation and when mass starts, and I felt conspicuously confused during the hail holy queen. One of these days I will just need to make a point of learning it.


Rosary question

Post 5

Raymond

I've got to admit, the more I look, every site that talks about the prayers of the Rosary will say something like "....at the end of the last decade...." or "....and traditionally, after the last decade...." or some other ambiguous statement. Traditionally, around here you never hear a rRsary without the "Hail, Holy Queen" followed by the Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel.

Yes, Salve Regina is great in Latin. I spent 7 years in the pre-Vatican II Church serving Mass. I could say the entire Rosary in Latin, but no one does that around here any more, though. It would be nice. I do have a CD of the late John Paul II saying the Rosary in Latin. That's nice.

LL&P
RtC
smiley - rose


Rosary question

Post 6

weirdo07

Where I am, back in the 1980-s one could go to a Latin mass daily, the Rosary was also in Latin, which was good, as the congregation here is always multinational.
Salve Regina is, as I found, easy to remember when one feels pretty desperate and needs help...You could say one for me, Mikey...


Rosary question

Post 7

Raymond

Not to worry. I'll say one, plus a rosary for you.

LL&P
RtC
smiley - rose


Rosary question

Post 8

weirdo07

It's so kind of you, Raymond smiley - smiley. Not that I am particularly desperate at the moment, thankfully...Do you remember, you were one of the first people I wrote to here, your PS seemed so inviting. I've since adopted this smiley for prayer smiley - angel. There are some people I can use it with.
More thanks,and a smiley - angel
Elena


Rosary question

Post 9

Raymond

Everyone can use prayer. Being disabled, I have time on my hands and a great opportunity for daily Mass and rosary. Further, I make knotted cord rosaries to give away so I get a chance to use my latest creation.

LL&P
RtC
smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more