A Conversation for The Paul McCartney Death Clues

Doctor Who

Post 81

Bluebottle

Yes, it's terrible about George, after what he's been through in the last year as well.
I've read all of them up to "The Fifth Elephant", but it seems that since "The Truth", the fuss around Terry Pratchett seems to have died down. It seems people are taking him for granted more now, and that Harry Potter is the new fashion, which is a shame.
But I definately have experienced the same phenomenon at second hand shops!

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 82

Seagull's Lost Horizon

talk about what he's beeing going through a friend at work, his partner has just left him, his dad died and he's just had his bike stolen all within about three weeks

I've got the truth but will have to wait, did I say I ordeder the planet of the apes novel off amazon?

Just finnished watching alien, and there's quite a few deleted scene's so I've yet to watch them

its been hot, he says stating the obvious


Doctor Who

Post 83

Bluebottle

Sadly, no matter who you are, how rich, famous, talented, poor or deserving, life isn't fair.

Yes, you did mention that you were getting the book. How much do you know about it, and is it true that it's set in space with some astronauts finding a message in a bottle that is the story? And that the shock end is different? But I'm looking forward to reading "The Truth" - is it out in paperback yet?

What are the deleted scenes in Alien like? Some DVDs have deleted scenes which are so pathetic you can see why they were deleted, but others, such as in "Life Of Brian", the scenes really are excellent and are a treasure to see. I guess it depends.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 84

Seagull's Lost Horizon

well the reason I wanted the apes book was that I saw a documentary about the film, and they said that it was them who added the statue of liberty and that the apes were more advanced and that nova his grilfriend was pregnant at the end, so when the book comes I'll tell you more

I'm not sure if the truth is out in paper back the copy I have is one a freind got for me from his book club, 5 book for 50p I think so he asked if there was anything i wanted, its a smaller hard back, version

the deleted scenes are quite good, about 10, nothing fantastic, but still, the last two are very good though

go on whats the life of brain extra's like?


Doctor Who

Post 85

Bluebottle

I heard that the original ending of the script had her pregnant, and that it was almost filmed except that the bosses said that it wouldn't go down well... Shame, in a way.

I definately plan to get the Alien DVDs - but yes, it's all a matter of money.smiley - blue

The Criterion Edition Life of Brian DVD has some really funny deleted scenes - an opening scene in which three shepherds talk for ages on the wonder of sheep, and are so tied up with watching the lambs that they don't notice a host of angels telling them to go to Bethlehem. There's a really great sequence explaining the Suicide Squad, and a less-funny one where they try to kidnapp Pilate's wife, who is a 10 foot giant.
Then there's the trailers, including one for radio where John Cleese's Mum says "Hello, I'm John Cleeses's mum and I'm living in a veyr nice old people's home, but if you don't go and see my son's latest film, "Life of Brian", he won't be able to keep me any longer and I'll be sent for medical experiments." Or something like that.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 86

Seagull's Lost Horizon

sounds great, I'd like to get gohstbusters, I heard that had about 10 deleted scenes, so many DVD's and so little money

I'v started to watch aliens, and the extra footage (from what I can tell) is good.

have you got the last couple of dcotor who audio CD's from big finnish, they've been quite good.


Doctor Who

Post 87

Bluebottle

My girlfriend has recently been talking a lot about getting the Ghostbusters DVD, but then it is one of her favourite films anyway. I've also heard more rumours that they plan to make "Ghostbusters III" - but then, I've been hearing that for years. Strangely, though, "Crocodile Dundee III" is coming out to the cinema this month, so sequels do happen!

No, I've not got any of the Audios - mainly because of money, alas. Yesterday, though, I picked up 7 Doctor Who books from Oxfam Bookstore for £10. 4 were Target, the other 3 were Virgin New Adventures, so I'm looking forward to reading them.
At the moment I'm reading "Buck Rogers Martian War Trilogy" - I saw them in a "Help The Aged" shop for 20p each, and thought I might as well give them a go. Not bad, but too American.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 88

Seagull's Lost Horizon

yesterday was another day for lots of DVD's I'd like, I saw the ghoustbuters DVD in the locaL cash generator, I go in every week but there's never any I want, o I got it and dune (I keep hearing thing about the book and stuff so seems as it was there I thought i'd give it a go, no extra's though, and I think there do a re make?) both for £7.99, so not at all bad, new DVD's would be nice but, too expensive.

The opanet of the apes boom has come and it look good and quite different, I've skimmed through it, the main character has a son and they go back to france in their own time in the end, sio I can't wait to read it.

the reason I mentioned the audios was that in one of the recient ones the master was in it with the 7th doctor, only he was played by geofrey beavers, who played him in the keeper of tracken, before he took over anthony ainily's character, saying that the body was no good anymore and he had reverted to how he was before, bit of a surprise.

never read buck rogers, I've got a doctor who book to read, dominion, which came free with a magizine so my friend gave it to me, and the other two 2001 books, and...................


Doctor Who

Post 89

Bluebottle

My girlfriend has now bought Ghostbusters, and I believe she's gone down town to get "The Silence of the Lambs" on DVD as well. Plus the Doctor Who American Pilot DVD is now out, so that's 4 I've got to catch up on.

As for Dune, there's currently 2 versions of the film on DVD at the moment - the original David Lynch version, and the 3 hour extended Universal version. I wrote an article about them here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A490330
As for the re-make, the American sci-fi channel did a 6 hour TV series of Dune, which hasn't been shown over here, but is just coming out to rent. I bought an American DVD of it, and it's quite good - has more to it, but in many ways is less dramatic than the film. The portrayal of the Baren Harkonnen is much better, however.

I always have a few hundred books on piles to read - or at least that's how it seems. I'll definately look out for "Planet of the Apes".

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 90

Seagull's Lost Horizon

the extra's on gohostbuters were quite good , as you'll see,

slience of the lambs?, you'll have to tell me abut the extra's

have you seen hanible, or the older one maneater?

yeah i'll get the american pilot doctor who, I'll get them all on dvd now

dune? its the original, I only bought it because its been recommend so much, I'll have a look at your article

I'm getting a collection of books lined up, there's so many I'd like to read.


Doctor Who

Post 91

Bluebottle

I've now had a look at the Ghostbusters DVD, and yes, they are quite fun. "The Silence Of The Lambs" is a 2 DVD set, and has an awful lot of extras on. Several trailors, a couple of documentaries, so it's quite an impressive DVD. I saw "Hannibal" at the cinema, I thought it wasn't bad, but not as good as I was expecting. I've also seen "Manhunter" - I think I probably enjoyed that more than "Hannibal". I hear they're planning on re-making it with Anthony Hopkins.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 92

Seagull's Lost Horizon

there's a few film I'd love to get but my wife wouldn't like them, ansd we work the same hours so I don't have much time to watch stuff she doesn't like, thats why she now like doctor who.

I was a bit dissapointed with the alien resurection extras the trailer and a 2 or 3 minute making of

still yet to watch dune, but we've started to decorate the living room so it might be a while

The planet of the apes book is good, I'm half way through and he's only just started to converse with zira

did you ever watch bablyon 5


Doctor Who

Post 93

Bluebottle

Yes, I watched Babylon 5 - or some of. I never saw Babylon 5: Crusade, as that was being shown in the year I did not have a television. But I've seen most of the rest. I was quite impressed and got into it - that, like "Planet of the Apes", was well written and events later on helped you understand what occured at the beginning if you re-watched it - especially episodes like "Babylon Squared"/"War Without End". In many ways, it was a dialogue-fueled science-fiction epic, so overall I was impressed.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 94

Seagull's Lost Horizon

PEOPLE ALWAYS SAID THAT BABLYON45 WAS GOOD BUT I NEVER GOT ROUNd tO WATCHING IT, ah well

I see the doctor who movie is out on dvd I ordered it from blackstar.com, hasn't arrived yet but they sent an e-mail apoligising and gave me a 5% didscount

went to get the paint we'd chosen for our frount room and its been discontinued!, so now were back at square one, very annoying


Doctor Who

Post 95

Bluebottle

I saw that the American Movie is out - I'm probably going to get it from Woolworths as it is £16:99 there, and not £19:99 as elsewhere. How much is Blackstar charging? I'm impressed that they're giving a discount, they definately have a friendly reputation.
As for Babylon 5, I'm sure it'll be on again. It's one of those programmes which you really need to see all of to fully appreciate, though, so you need a lot of time.

Hope you find the right paint in the end - luckily I've yet to experience the joys of decorating.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 96

Seagull's Lost Horizon

on blck star it was somehting like £16.79 but withy postage, £18.13, I don't know why I order on line its just as well to go and buy them

yeah got the paint from some where else now, luckly

I've finished the planet of the apes book, so is there anything you'd like to know?


Doctor Who

Post 97

Bluebottle

..And now I've got the Doctor Who American Pilot on DVD smiley - biggrin I'm looking forward to watching it tonight - so far I've only had time to flick through the extras. I must confess that I haven't seen it since it was broadcast in 1996. I wonder how the post-1999 perspective will make of the year 1999? At least it's more accurate than Space: 1999!

As for the Planet Of The Apes, I'm tempted to ask you for differences about it, but as I might buy the book myself, I don't want to spoil it for me... Tough decision, that. Hopefully I'll see the new Tim Burton film on Monday. You planning on seeing it?

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 98

Seagull's Lost Horizon

well I was planning to see the new planet of the apes, But from what I've heard about it, rewiew ect............. It sounds more of a totally new film an very unoriginal, but yeah I think I might and i'll make up my own mind.

I've finnished painting the living room and kitchen and it looks quite good, I'm quite pleased

have started reading dicsworld agian eric this time,

the extra's on the moive, the new interview with the producer I think I found very boring and didn't really watch it, the other stuff was good though


Doctor Who

Post 99

Bluebottle

Yes, I've heard it's more about a man who lands on a different planet, as opposed to an Earth of the future, but I'm sure I'll see it anyway. I like most of Tim Burton's other films, I expect it will be good, but not as original as the original. In many ways, it can't be. I think the best SF film this year is probably going to be AI, although that too is not an original plot. Afterall, Bicentennial Man was out not too long ago.

I thought Eric was quite amusing, but a very short Discworld book. I'm still waiting for "The Truth" to come out in paperback, although I bought 2 of the graphic novels. "Mort" and "Guards, Guards". Very enjoyable, but I prefer the novels. The cartoons tend to skip bits, so it isn't quite as clear. Besides which, the way they've drawn the characters is often completely different to how I imagined them.

I was a little disappointed with the "Tour of the Tardis" on the DVD, it didn't really show the Tardis in action, and a few shots of the various other rooms in the Tardis seen in different episodes would have been nice. Such as the secondary control room, and various other designs for it all. The trailers were good, though. It's a shame that they stopped doing the Tardis control panel menu system sionce it looked so good in "The Five Doctors". That was impressive.
I'd forgotten how different the opening theme was. I also had forgotten the whole film, so it came as a pleasant surprise to me. It's a shame, though, that there wasn't a single picture of Sylvestor McCoy on the cover.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 100

Seagull's Lost Horizon

I've not heard much about Al

yeah, I see discworld stuff the diary's graphic novels and even the vcovers of the novels are nothing to what I imagine, I saw a dvd of wyrd sisters?, no extra's

I don't have the five doctors dvd, since I have it on video twice the ordanary and special, and the rememberancs one I don't have as I hear there is a couple of effects missing, due to the restoring

I never liked the film that much but itds grown on me, I'd forgotton a lot as well, I wish they'd bring them out sooner, there a huge improvment on video

did I ask you about starship troopers of the cube I' haven't heard much about them but I'd like to get the dvd's


Key: Complain about this post