A Conversation for Giraffes

Giraffe Impressions

Post 1

Santragenius V

My own first: I find this to be a very good, readable and thorough entry!

Then -- in Copenhagen, Denmark there is this society for denying the giraffe's existence.

As I understand it from what I've heard), it goes like this:

The members meet once a year outside the Copenhagen Zoo, dressed very formally. In silence they get their entry tickets and proceed to the giraffe house. Here they stand for a while until, on some given signal, they say in unison: "That's a lie!".

After that they walk back out and have the annual formal dinner (which, in Danish tradition, will be about a lot of food and a lot of drink and a generally very good time smiley - drunk).

Cool, isn't it? smiley - biggrin

SG V


Giraffe Impressions

Post 2

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Yes! Many people have that attitude in life towards something or other!

As far as I know it was an Irishman who, long ago, upon seeing a giraffe for the first time, said: "I see it but I sure don't believe it!"

But anyways those Danes have found a rather interesting excuse for having a party.

Don't the giraffes feel a bit cold in Denmark?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more