A Conversation for A Chronology of Garlic

Kitchen Smells

Post 1

Sus!e

There are many things to be said about garlic, not the least of which is that it makes your kitchen smell wonderful.

How many times have you come in from the cold and said, "mmmmmmm... something smells good, what's for dinner?'

You've then discovered that there is a roast in the oven, an hour or so away from being done, and it's seasoned with garlic.

Other than a vegetarian, I don't know who could resist.

smiley - smiley


Kitchen Smells

Post 2

Dr. Funk

There's a good little story about this.

A kid goes to his Italian grandmother and asks how to make a good batch of fudge brownies. "Brownies? That's easy," the grandmother says. "First, you take a few cloves of garlic, slice them up, and fry them up in some olive oil."

"Grandma," the kid says, "you don't put garlic in your brownies, do you?"

"Oh, for heaven's sake, no!" the grandmother says, "that's just to make the kitchen smell good."


Kitchen Smells

Post 3

MaW

The problem with that is that the olive oil smells absolutely horrid...


Kitchen Smells

Post 4

the_greatest_person

ive got garlic flavoured olive oil,
its very good
but not as good as sundried tomato flavour


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more