A Conversation for How to Survive Extreme Weather

Vaccuum ...

Post 1

The High Duke of Mars

Hyperoxygenate your blood supply in whatever remaining air is available, then exhale all air from your lungs.

Once exposed to vaccuum you have under thirty seconds of functionality before you succumb to the physics of equalization of pressures, make every second count.

It is best to always know where the nearest pressure suit or escape pod is located.

smiley - fish

-THDoM


Vaccuum ...

Post 2

Marc, RoD, Muse of BAATPTADOUBRA. NAVO,ASPATB,SGLGAHOMQ.

Has anybody seen "Event Horizon"...?

Ugh...

Marc


Vaccuum ...

Post 3

The Fish

Yes.... it started out ok, but then turned into some cr*p horror thing which made absolutely no sence and was really lame... smiley - smiley
Yeah, and the bloke in that survived for far too long! He should have popped after 30 seconds, but it seemed more like 3 minutes! Plus they rescued him!

Anyway, Best tip for Surviving in a zero pressure environment: Don't be so stupid as to get yourself in one in the first place!

smiley - fish


Vaccuum ...

Post 4

The High Duke of Mars

The honorable Minister has a very good point.

The best way to survive vaccuum is to avoid it.

The second best way to survive vaccuum is to wear protective clothing (something more substantial than a windbreaker and galoshes.)

WAY down on the bottom of the list are survival techniques for surviving direct exposure to vaccuum, which to my knowledge no human has ever needed to attempt.

But it's always nice to know, just in case.

smiley - fish

-THDoM


Vaccuum ...

Post 5

26199

*begins to comment then realises he knows absolutely nothing about this whatsoever*


Vaccuum ...

Post 6

The High Duke of Mars

Like anyone else does either? smiley - smiley))

Cheers,

smiley - fish

-THDoM


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more