A Conversation for Alan Moore - Sequential Artist

Pop Will Eat Itself

Post 1

Phil

"Bruce Wayne auf wiedersehn,
Dirty Harry, "Make my day,"
Terminator, hit the north,
Alan Moore knows the score"

So said the PWEI in 1989 on Can U Dig It?

Alan Moore also made an appearence on the PWEI album this track came from (This is the Day) on Wise Up! Sucker.


Pop Will Eat Itself

Post 2

Munchkin

Well I never!
If you are looking for other Alan Moore may I recomend From Hell; a somewhat visceral (sp?) look at Jack the Ripper and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a much more light hearted play with some of the great characters of Victorian Scientific Romances. Neither are quite the Watchmen, as they are trying to say other things. From Hell is a look at conspiracies and gets quite Dickensian in it's look at the squalor of nineteenth century London. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen takes H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, Bram Stoker, Edgar Alan Poe et al and runs off like a demented Andrex puppy in what is great fun, if you like steam punk nonsense.


Key: Complain about this post

Pop Will Eat Itself

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more