A Conversation for Calgary, Alberta, Canada

A few minor corrections

Post 1

high_guru

I have lived in Calgary for over 3 years now, and I have a few minor corrections for this artcle.

1. Calgary's population is now well over 900,000 and still expanding like grey goo nanobots.

2. Calgary's Transit System (if it deserves capitalisation) is only good if you don't have anything (at all) scheduled for the day. One can wait up to 45 minutes for a bus, only to transfer to a "connecting" bus for which you'll likely have to wait yet another 45 minutes. This is especially true if you're in a hurry, and even more true if it's also raining/freezing outside. And the shelters smell like urine.

3. Don't count on traffic to stop for you. They usually will, and you may feel obligated to cross so that they may go about their business, but the guy coming from the other direction might not, so always look both ways and wave your thanks to the driver before crossing. Also, trains have a habit of not stopping due primarily to the laws of physics.


Key: Complain about this post

A few minor corrections

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more