A Conversation for Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary:Friend to those who live here, scary for those who don't

Post 1

Netter:Leader of the Towel Munchers

I must say this is one of the best articles I have read on my city in a while. However, there are a few things that I need to explain.

Udderly Art: These gawdly painted cows (some of which have been pushed into the Bow River) are so gross that some people just can't stand to look at them anymore. I can't see how anyone would honestly want their names on one of these things.

MacLeod Trail: Only one other road in Calgary is more dangerous than MacLeoad - Deerfoot Trail (article about this one underway.)

Cowboys: Not everyone here is fascinated with them. I, for one, am glad that the only time of the year we have to put up with them is during the Stampede.

Bermuda Triangle: You couldn't be more right about this one! Please, anyone who reads this article & comes to Calgary, head the warning and STAY AWAY FROM THE TRIANGLE!!

Hockey: This sport lasts for months in Calgary as we have a total of 4 hockey teams with pretty good turn outs (not including the post-secondary schools): NHL Calgary Flames, WHL Calgary Hitmen, AJHL Calgary Royals and my team, AJHL Calgary Canucks - the team that produced such hockey greats as Mike Vernon, Dana Murzyn and 2000's number 2 draft pick (and my bud) Dany Heatley.


Key: Complain about this post

Calgary:Friend to those who live here, scary for those who don't

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more