A Conversation for Health Advice for Travellers

Sun Burn

Post 1

Vestboy II not playing the Telegram Game at U726319

My daughter went away witha group to Cyprus and one of the lads (18 or 19 year old) was very blase about using creams and lotions. He fell asleep in the sun and by the time he felt uncomfortable his back was in a terrible state. The blisters were enormous and not only distressing for him but for his group of friends too.

My daughter phoned me at home and asked what they should do and so this is my advice to Brits abroad if it is not a medical emergency.
>>>Go to a pharmacist<<<
The pharmacist can make a judgment and in many countries they are able to carry out certain treatments without involving a doctor. The advice they got (apart from the severe telling off for getting into the predicament in the first place) was sound and the medication given worked.

I know prevention is better than cure but if it isn't life and death stuff a pharmacy is often a good place to go for initial advice and is often situated in a very public place close to where you are.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more