A Conversation for Howth, County Dublin, Ireland

Harbour Walls

Post 1

Phil

The outer harbour wall is quite a walk round from the station, but very nice to walk along. Passing the lifeboat station (two lifeboats) a memorial to those lost at sea and the very pleasent looking Howth Yacht Club.
While I was there I saw a garda van and minibus pull up (with a couple of worried looking people watching to see what they wanted). They were over for a dive by the look of it as the van was full of dive gear and was towing a rib behind it.


Harbour Walls

Post 2

Is mise Duncan

There is a poem I read to the effect that Dun Loaghaire harbour is perpetually sad knowing that she looks out across the bay to the much prettier harbour at Howth but that the latter will forever be hidden behind the headland itself.

They have started putting fences around the cliff walk. This is in response to the fact that a couple of people a year "fall" to their deaths from there. It is only when these have been put up and totally ruined the still wild scenery that the authorities will cop on to the fact that these people aren't falling at all.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more