A Conversation for Tips on How to be Planet Friendly

Update Forum: A9940520 - Tips on how to be Planet Friendly

Post 1

Mina

Entry: Tips on how to be Planet Friendly - A9940520
Author: Naim [68/100] - U290

A418457 does need updating, so I've done it. I'd rather not have suggestions to add to this, because it was a colaborative topic, so really work can only be done with what's available. There is a lot of content that could be added, and I think we should save that for a separate entry. I want this updated mainly to remove incorrect information.

Because I've changed fiddly little bits, I'll list what I've done.

Changed some of the electric scooter section for current laws.

Added a paragraph to the end of the recycling section.

Removed the section about not recycling paper because it's wrong (I noted this on the entry itself when this first hit the front page).

Tweaked the composting section and removed incorrect info.

Removed a sentance that said that solar panels take more energy to produce than they create in their lifetimes because I can't find that confirmed anywhere.

Made some tweaks to the 'Bits and Bobs' section at the end.


A9940520 - Tips on how to be Planet Friendly

Post 2

Sea Change

Looks good. Extra links also good ideas.


A9940520 - Tips on how to be Planet Friendly

Post 3

sprout

As an environment professional, this is one of my least favourite bits of the site, because it's so random, and had so much wrong stuff in it. smiley - sadface I'm glad to see you've removed most of this, and especially the nonsense on solar panels and recycled paper.

Could you link to my entry on waste A4643787 please?

Thanks,

sprout


A9940520 - Tips on how to be Planet Friendly

Post 4

Mina

I will do, have you got your eye on a specific bit to use as the link, or shall I just reference it?

I'm studing environmental courses now. smiley - ok If I get on with it ok I hope to work in that area eventually. I'm also planning some new entries, but I've no idea when I'll get the time. I'm not supposed to be here now... smiley - run


A9940520 - Tips on how to be Planet Friendly

Post 5

Mina

Any other comments on this one?

If not can I assume it's ok as it is? It's more a case of removing inaccuracies than adding in new content. I hope to write new entries for the missing bits.


A9940520 - Tips on how to be Planet Friendly

Post 6

Smij - Formerly Jimster

That's good enough for me - this is now officially updated! smiley - bubbly


Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Tips on How to be Planet Friendly' to 'Tips on how to be Planet Friendly'.


Thread Moved

Post 8

Mina

Thanks Jimster. smiley - ok


Thread Moved

Post 9

Uncle Ghengis

I'd just like to say that I've tried some of these things and, well, I still haven't met any new planets. What am I doing wrong?




Thread Moved

Post 10

sprout

Too ugly perhaps? Or trying too hard...

sprout


Thread Moved

Post 11

Uncle Ghengis

Maybe I just haven't met the right planet yet?
It's not as though I'm fussy - even a small orbiting moonlet would be lovely... It's not as though I'm planning on world domination or anything.

Wait a moment...

"That's no moon! - it's a space-station"


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more