A Conversation for Malta

Driving In Malta

Post 1

Pollux

I've recently come back from a holiday in Malta, during which I hired a car. I had some trepidation about this as the taxi ride from the airport gave me a flavour of Maltese driving habits.

However once on the road the experience wasn't at all bad. Three bits of advice: 1) Watch out for pot holes - if you have a small car it may disappear altogether in some of the larger pits; 2) Road maps of Malta are at best inaccurate, and at worse complete works of fiction; 3) You may see one signpost to your destination - make the most of it because you may not see any more.

I enjoyed it tremendously!


Driving In Malta

Post 2

Demon Drawer

There is actually a bit about Maltese Driving at the article on International Driving Etiquette. I'll see if I can dig out the URL.


Driving In Malta

Post 3

Demon Drawer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A139501

And Malta should hopefully be in one of the forums attached still. smiley - smiley


Driving In Malta

Post 4

Vox Pop

If you hire a car in Malta, you will have a different colour number plate to the locals, so they know you are tourists, i have driven in malta on quite a number of occassions and to be honest i did not find it too much of a problem, mind you i live in London so i am used to shall we say aggressive driving thechnics, not that the Maltese drivers are aggressive, they just make the rules up as they go along.

All my holidays on the island have been most enjoyable, and i would never hesitate to recommend the island as a good holiday destination.

Chris.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more