A Conversation for Paintball

Paintball Bruises

Post 1

amdsweb

If you get shot at close range by a paintball, you get an exquisitely tender circular bruise with a hard pale bit in the middle. The whole thing tends to remain doughnut shaped for the entire life of the bruise.
I know cos I got shot on the bum by a 'friend' 2 feet away.
He knows too cos I shot him in the genitals straight afterwards.

- Adam


Paintball Bruises

Post 2

I'm not really here

That's quite amusing, but I do LRP instead, which is a similar game, and I got whacked with a sword. It left a sword shaped bruise on my calf for about 4 weeks. And it really hurt!


Paintball Bruises

Post 3

amdsweb

Is that the one with wooden swords or padded swords?
I used to play a game with my friends back home where we would hit each other with home made sponge covered weaponry. When I was 10 I got hit round the head by a (huge and incredibly heavy) sponge war hammer. Didn't give me a bruise, but it knocked me out and made me throw up.

- Adam


Paintball Bruises

Post 4

I'm not really here

That's the game.
A few of my mates are really into it, and have all the stuff, armour, shields, weapons, even crossbows with corks!

We are taught to "pull our blows" but sometimes accidents happen.
I have never been hit with a warhammer though, sounds nasty.


Paintball Bruises

Post 5

amdsweb

You get a six foot length of plastic drain-pipe, and attach it to one of those big rectangular plastic bottles (you know, the ones that restaurants get vinegar in) with alot of gaffer tape.. Fill the bottle with rags - you may need to make a slice in it - and stuff them densely. Wrap the bottle in foam sheeting (about 4 inches deep), and secure with gaffer tape. Put the head in a cushion cover, and sew up so it is tight and neat. The hammer head should be about 12-18" by 8-10" by 8-10".

Wa-hey! A big spongy hammer to cause untold damage to your friends vulnerable grey matter! Enjoy.

- Adam


Paintball Bruises

Post 6

I'm not really here

Excellent! Thanks very much.
Next time we get the energy to go running around in the woods I will attempt to make this. smiley - smiley


Paintball Bruises

Post 7

§hadow

Great commentary, what was the topic again?
~S~ smiley - winkeye


Paintball Bruises

Post 8

amdsweb

Ummm... Dunno, topic drift is rampant this week.
It was something to do with bruised genitals and rubber swords. Or something.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more