A Conversation for Why are People Interested in News?

News

Post 1

Mauritania

I list of various news sources by the lighting bird himself Zapdos:

smiley - smiley BBC News 24 and other news channels (none worth mentioning)
smiley - smiley Newspapers
and my personal favourite PARTY POLITICAL BROADCASTS


News

Post 2

Machine Wrapped With Butter

I'd like to see a tabloid size newspaper with broadsheet content, aimed at people like me, who want intelligent, interesting stories in a brief format. Why isn't there one?


News

Post 3

Machine Wrapped With Butter

I'd like to see a tabloid size newspaper with broadsheet content, aimed at people like me, who want intelligent, interesting stories in a brief format. Why isn't there one?


News

Post 4

Mauritania

Because it has pictures of nude women on the front, how intellegent is that?


News

Post 5

KB

Some of the former broadsheets are now tabloid in shape and size - The Times, and Independent spring to mind.

As for brevity - the problem is an 'intelligent' look at an issue will need to be more in depth and give more background than a knee-jerk rant. Tabloids often excel in taking an issue at first glance and 'telling it how it is' in the eyes of the fabled 'man in the street'. This can be done in a much shorter space than reporting on the background and approaching a story from different angles.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more