A Conversation for The Simpsons - the TV Series

The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 1

Rojo Habe (48-1+2-7)

Very informative article. Liked it a lot.

Just a bit of trivia here.

Harry Shearer was the bass player for Spinal Tap - a band who have also appeared in The Simpsons.

Hank Azaria played the journalist in the recent remake of Godzilla.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 2

Mustapha

Harry S was also in Godzilla, semi-reprising his Kent Brockman role. Other notable appearances include playing an amnesiac in an episode of Chicago Hope, and recently as the high muck-a-muck of a med school in Jack & Jill.

Dan Castellaneta can be seen and heard all over the place. Anything with Tracey Ullman in the title is a good place to look. He has also voiced a number of cartoons and videogames, one of my favourites being the villain Megavolt from Disney's Darkwing Duck.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

The woman who does Lisa's voice has been in numerous things, but I remember her best for her role in the short lived sitcom "Herman's Head." The one who does Marge has also been in a lot of projects, but none of them come to mind. Oddly enough, both cast members are using their natural voices.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 4

Alabama

Julie Kavner (Marge, et. al.) played Valery ("Rhoda Morgenstern") Harper's younger sister on both the Mary Tyler Moore Show and it's follow-up, Rhoda. She appears wherever the producers of any show need a whiney Jewish female voice.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 5

Kalkakton

Don't you mean anywhere the producers of a show need a whiny Jewish female voice and can't afford Fran Drescher.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 6

PhilFogg

Julie Kavner also starrs as Debra Winger's best friend in Billy Crystal's "Forget Paris".


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 7

Matthew G P Coe

Hank Azaria also appeared in CBS' book-based-on-real-life-based docu-drama, Tuesdays with Morrie. Azaria didn't play Morrie, of course - that was Jack Lemmon. Morrie was a former university professor who was slowly dying of a respiratory illness (I used to know the name of it) and Azaria's 'character,' as it were, was his last 'student.'


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 8

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Yeardly Smith also played Nancy in 'City Slickers'.

More of her acting history can be found at
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Smith,+Yeardley


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 9

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

And, of course, it was -after- I wrote this, that I saw 'As Good as it Gets' for the first time, and saw Yeardley Smith in that.

Hank Azaria was 'The Blue Raja' in 'Mystery Men' and the maid in 'The Bird Cage', and the late Phil Hartman was of course in the TV series "News Radio".

You can find them all at www.imdb.com, but I'm quoting actual appearances I have seen.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 10

Researcher 157589

Yeardly Smith was also in that cinematic masterpiece "Maximum Overdrive" based on a Stephen King novel where a comet's proximity to the Earth causes all machines to come alive and start killing people. She joined Emilio Estevez in the cast. I still laugh whenever I think of the ice cream truck driving around looking for kids with blood dripping off of the bumper. And AC/DC did the sound track.


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 11

face1000

Yeardly Smith also made an intro tape for the European part of Fish's "Sunsets on Empire" tour 1997. Unfortunately it wasn't included on the live CD because of copyright issues.
The intro went like this:
"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the show! This is Lisa Simpson from the......Simpsons, huh! I don't usually practice this sort of debauchery! Are you ready to rock and roll!!? You are in for some treat tonight! Fish is such a wonderful guy and the keyboard player is so cute!!! And they don't call him Fish because he likes to take a long bath! He introduced me to a new soda pop called... eh... Guinness!!! Woo Hoo! Gies a bun!!! I am the Lizard Queen!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen!! Fish!!"
You can find the story to this at [Broken link removed by Moderator]

For explanation of the "Gies a bun" part go to
[Broken link removed by Moderator]

"I am the Lizard Queen" is a quote from episode 9F11 (Selma's Choice).
See http://www.snpp.com/episodes/9F11.html

The lizard was also featured on album covers and in lyrics when Fish was still in Marillion.
See [Broken link removed by Moderator](up to 1989 where after the split with Fish the lizard was burned on the cover of Seasons End)


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 12

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Hi there face! Welcome to h2g2! This is just a small point - why not put something on your homepage? It doesn't have to be long, or about anything in particular, but then people can get in touch with you there.
Anyway, I'm one of the ACE team - we're the official 'meeters and greeters'. I'm also a Guardian Angel - the 'unofficial' meeters and greeters of h2g2. So if you need any help with anything, just shout.
Oh - you might want to have a look at the newcomers welcome page, at http://www.h2g2.com/A5752. It's got some useful info and links. While you're there, why not pop into the welcome thread for the week, and introduce yourself. There's tea and cake, and friendly folks.
Other than that - share and enjoy! smiley - smiley

Dr St J


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 13

Mommabee

Hank Azaria also appeared in 'Herman's Head' as Herman's best friend. Mr. Azaria, of course, was Murray's dog walker in 'Mad About You.'

Recognizing the 'Herman's Head' reference is proof that you need to get away from the TV (myself included.)

MB


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 14

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Oh dear. I recognise 'Herman's Head'!!!

Doctor! Please tell me there's a cure! smiley - injured


The cast, and what else they've been in

Post 15

ArthurDentrules

hank azaria has a film coming out and has done friends


Key: Complain about this post