Take5

1 Conversation

Every day five or more newly approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out and reviews the most entertaining and interesting entries of the week, as far as I'm concerned anyway. My tastes do not reflect yours in any way and feel free to have completely different ideas from mine, it is, after all, a free country.

Baking Soda. Sounds boring I know, but the amount of uses for this stuff are amazing. Don't believe me? Well, don't take my word for it, see for yourself.

Bottom. A short entry on this classic British sitcom. If you like fart jokes and slapstick violence then this is the show for you!

Cystoscopy. Just had to include this so every bloke (o.k. women too) out there can wince. Not top of my list of medical procedures I wish to experience.

Dim Sum. 2 +2 = 4. There... I'd say that was a pretty dim sum. (Very amusing Shorty! Ed.) It has nothing to do with this entry but a lot more to do with Chinese food. If you fancy summat a bit different have a look here.

Frietkot; Fritkot. I could have done with one of these on my trip to Belgium earlier this year. If I had known where to look maybe our ragtag group of drunkards wouldn't have gone as hungry as we did.

Futurama. A top class T.V. show this. Don't believe the critics. Read this entry then go out and find a way to see it. Any science fiction fan will love it.

Gallipolli. An entry on one of the most famous and bloody campaigns of the first world war and how things went terribley wrong for the allied forces.

Love. The emotion we all succumb too at one time or another that takes over our lives and turns normally sane people into gibbering wrecks. Is it really worth it?. Read this and let me know.

The Great Bacon Sandwich. More food, this time the old fave, a bacon sarnie. What better way to get your head together in a morning after a heavy night on the beer. Pick up the perfect recipe here.

The Pavements of London. Having spent a fair amount of time in London (and due another trip there this weekend), I can only describe this as an essential survival guide to Great Britain's Capital. Don't get caught out, read this and keep some degree of sanity.


Written by Shorty


12.06.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A359750

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more