A Conversation for Geneva, New York, USA

Geneva, New York, USA

Post 1

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I thought it would a nice place to live. Before we married, my wife lived just down the street from the college. She was stationed at Seneca Army Depot before they scaled back operations.

I wanted to live there, but I left the Army at about the same time my wife was reassigned. I still have fond memories of walking around town in the summer. I have not so fond memories of having to dig my car out in the winter.

There was a grocery store there too that was great. I don't recall the name, but I remember going and getting the most spectacular fresh strawberries and vegetables on a day when we had to wait for the snow plow to clear the road. I haven't seen fruit or vegetables of that quality since we left.

The Depot had some beautiful housing too, which I think was sold off after we left. I went to dinner at the Colonel’s home for dinner one night. It was really nice old home on the lake.

I've never been a hunter, but the one thing I thought would be fun would be to hunt the white deer that they had on the Depot. As I recall, they fenced it in some years ago. Shortly thereafter all the deer turned white. A mounted white deer head would be quite a talking point.

Anyway, I thought it was a neat town.


Geneva, New York, USA

Post 2

sideshowma

Not all the deer at the depot are white, but the white ones are more noticeable. It's all about the gene pool in an enclosed space


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more