A Conversation for Final Fantasy - the Computer Game Series

A mystery

Post 1

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Look what I found in Google's cache; scroll down to the link with 'h2g2' in it (highlighted).

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:vsDi6PweVuYJ:www.virtualcountries.com/res/art-fantasy-final-work.html+h2g2+final+fantasy&hl=en&client=firefox-a

(The link has a reference to my browser -- Firefox -- at the end, so I'm not sure whether it'll work properly in other browsers.)

As far as I'm aware the only FF6 Entry on h2g2 is A3424736, which has never had anything like that title. The link's target is http://www.virtualcountries.com/review/fileartfantasyfinalwork6i715392.htm ('Art Fantasy Final Work' itself not being obviously connected to FF), which produces a 404, and searching www.archive.org produced no matches. So 'BBC - h2g2 - Final Fantasy 6 (3 US)' remains a mystery. smiley - weird A deleted Entry? I really don't know.


A mystery

Post 2

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Aha! I've now found the deleted Entry A812756 -- in the categorisation system (C800), which means it was an Edited Entry and was therefore actually deleted by the staff rather than its author. There was a case where an Edited Entry called 'Cartesian Dualism' had turned out to be plagiarised and was hidden (not delete), so I suspect this case is similar.

The title is different; perhaps the title on the page I found in Google's cache was from the unedited version.

The odd thing is, I've looked at C800 several times before, and I never spotted this... Maybe it got added by mistake when the categorisation system was reviewed?

Off to <./>Feedback-Editorial</.>...smiley - run


A mystery

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on search engines
"Well, I can not find any reference to an entry that could be the unedited version of this one. smiley - weird

I guess you are right in that the Categorisation refurbishment caused to slip in this error.

Hmm, besides, you seem to be the expert about this 'final fantasy'. What I noticed is there are several categories for the game/ movie/ role playing project. Would it be possible to collect them under one category somewhere?
By using the Categorisation you now have to search half the Guide to find all four of them. "


A mystery

Post 4

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

I don't claim expertise, but anyway -- of the Final Fantasy-related Entries in the EG, only A412543 appears in C800, which is where I'd expect a videogame-related Entry to be. This thread is attached to A3482769, which is the most recent and covers the entire series to date; it appears in C798 and C57 but not C800. So yes, since the Entries are all videogame-related, it is rather odd that they don't appear together.


A mystery

Post 5

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Two in C950... Possibly there's an argument for C800 and C950 to be combined, or to have more overlap.


A mystery

Post 6

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit only playing a few 'games'
"The Italics are pleased if you care to sort them out. smiley - biggrin

I only play 'Starship Titanic', 'Dune', 'Tekwar' and, is it a game, 'life' in all variations (mainly self written). "


Key: Complain about this post