A Conversation for Nestboxes

Picture

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Shame on you Jimster, you drew a little perch outside the doorway, even though the Entry specifically warns against this.

smiley - biggrin


Picture

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

In fact, given the difficulty the author had in describing the nestbox, it might have been worth your while drawing the one that he described.


Picture

Post 3

LL Waz

Wondering, looking at the size of the hole compared to the box and perch, just what sort of bird this nest box is aimed at.

The Short-legged Hootoo Quail (Callipepla Hootootica)?


Picture

Post 4

Skankyrich [?]

Phew, glad someone else noticed - have just complained about that at the editorial bit. Thought I was being shallow and gripey as usual!

smiley - cheers


Picture

Post 5

Smij - Formerly Jimster

This is where I hold my hands up and admit I drew the box from memory, as we had a few when I was a child, and I had missed the section sayinmg 'no perches'. Luckily, I was able to fix the graphic so it is now perchless.

smiley - tit


Picture

Post 6

Skankyrich [?]

Well done Jimster; I look forward to not haranguing you over trivialities again for a few days yet.... smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers


Picture

Post 7

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit inspecting the nestbox
"Hmm solid an good front door now. smiley - biggrin

Just the plumbing is still not completely according to the design. Can we have an umbrella to slope the water off the roof? "


Picture

Post 8

Skankyrich [?]

smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Nestboxes

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more