A Conversation for How to Make a Duct Tape Wallet

Variations on the Theme

Post 1

Old Thrashbarg

A few years ago in Prague I had my wallet stolen and needed a new one. Low on cash and armed with only a black roll of duct tape and a few random household items I went to work and got creative. I began by wrapping the stuff around a wallet-sized piece of cardboard for sturdiness then created the main pocket to stuff the notes into. After I had the basic design worked out, I threw in a few pockets for credit cards and the like and then, after downing the fifth beer a sympathetic friend bought me, I added the crowning glory of my masterpiece: a see-through window for the driver's license made of scotch tape. I now have it as a souvenir on a shelf somewhere because my folks bought me one of those wallets with a chain after I returned to the States.


Variations on the Theme

Post 2

Princess_Damia

You can also cut what ever shape you want out of paper, and cover one side of the paper with Duct tape. Then you have a nice thin duct tape wallet.


Variations on the Theme

Post 3

Ioreth (on hiatus)

ID pockets made of scotch tape or clear plastic mailing tape are possible. Change pockets are also a neat trick, which I'm not quite sure how to describe - you ccreate a flap just past a pocket and cut it with a narrow section, but it then widens again. You use this to tuck under a little loop you can make... arghhh. IT would be easy in picture.


Variations on the Theme

Post 4

Miriam

What exactly is duct-tape?


Variations on the Theme

Post 5

Miriam

Nevermind, I found the article on duct-tape smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more