A Conversation for How to Make a Duct Tape Wallet

Duct tape wallets - multifunctional!

Post 1

The Dragonlady~There are no ugly women in the world, only neglected ones!

I have seen these wallets! They are marvellous!
These wallest are especially helpful for occupying children that need that extra 'purpose for being'. You know the ones. They are constantly coming up with ways to amuse themselves, by trying to force that pesky skunk out from underneath your back shed. Or, by shaving the next-door neighbors cat, so it looks like said skunk.
One of my step-children is a child with a vivid imagination. So, I know of which I speak. Don't get me wrong - he's a great kid. I love him to bits. He, well, he just needs some extra stuff to keep him busy.
So, about a month ago, when we were at a barbeque at a friend's cabin, this dear 14 year old boy decided to show-off this talent of making a duct tape wallet. (My boyfriend is a law enforcement officer, and we were with people that he works with. It was our first time as a couple at such a function, so you can imagine some of the things I was feeling.)
Anyway, everyone there was quite impressed with the detail that our young man was able to include in the wallet. He made it out of a 'camoflauge patterned' duct tape, and even gave it a seperate coin compartment. A few of the men even requested that he make one for them, to be able to 'hide their money from their wives'. (Which earned one poor man an elbow to the ribs.)
In the week after we got back, my step-son taught one of the neighbor-kids to make the wallets. Well, TRIED to teach her, would be more accurate. She is also one of those fantastic kids that seem to get easily bored, and becomes somewhat of a 'Curious George' type of character.
I must tell you that those two kids used at least THREE rolls of duct tape to make a single, viable wallet. And, cleaning up after them was something of an exercise in patience.
They had duct tape on the siding of the house, balled-up in the guiney-pig's cage, stuck to the dog's behind (and watching that dog run 'round in circles, trying to bite it off, was comic relief), around a branch of the apple tree, sticking both blades of the scissors together, in the outside cat's food dish, and taped to the rear tire of my boyfriend's car. To top it off, the young lady had gotten some caught in her hair, and had to have her parents cut it out.
Perhaps it should be mentioned again, for those people who are wanting one of these marvellous creations, that when attempting to make one, it should be considered that some supervision by a person that is competant with the functions of duct tape and scissors, should be a major consideration.
I know. I learned my lesson the hard way.smiley - weird


Duct tape wallets - multifunctional!

Post 2

Also ran 1

Hi my friend,
You will have to explain to me what duct-tape is. I wonder if it is what we call scotch tape. The vision of your unfortunate hound tearing around trying to get it off his btm was hilarious!. You do manage to turn your life which must be jolly hard in something approaching a great deal of fun. congratulations. Fond smiley - hug AR1 smiley - schooloffish


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more