A Conversation for Nirvana - the Band

How come...

Post 1

Theneedforspeed (God of small talk, beer connoisseur and mindless instrument of the Dark Side)

...there is no discussion of what I always thought of as one of the best Nirvana songs ever - The Man who sold the World.

Classic Nirvana - neat guitar and Cobain's haunting voice, both at their brilliant best.....


How come...

Post 2

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

Because it wasn't theirs originally. It was a Bowie cover, picked out specifically for Unplugged.

Also, I checked into it, and all of the covers they selected for Unplugged (and several of their original songs) mention death. Isn't that cool? Or maybe that's just me.


How come...

Post 3

Monty_PythonFjords

Also the Set looks like it's for a memorial service

They say Kurt planned his death for years beforehand.


How come...

Post 4

meteora

I totally agree that Unplugged is like a memorial service.
Actually that album is my fave one.

I like it, very deep though some songs are not Nirvana's.


How come...

Post 5

debaser41

Just think of 'In Utero' as a suicide note and the 'MTV Unplugged' as a message from six feet under. They're just great albums.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more