A Conversation for Nirvana - the Band

Journals

Post 1

The Cheese

It seems that hey will be releasing a book of Kurt's journals, aptly titled _Journals_. How does evryone feel about this? Is it an invasion of privacy, or is it a "gift" for old Nirvana fans?

Personally, I find it wrong that Courtney got $4 million for the rights to publish the journals; it's not like she hasn't already gotten filthy rich rich off of her husband, his fame and his death. I also think that after ten years of complete media scrutiny, Kurt needs to be left alone. If it were a novel he had written, I'd say go ahead and publish it, and I'd buy it no matter how much went to Ms. Love. But this is different: it's an invasion into the personal life of a man who was barely allowed to have one in the first place. I'm not going to buy it.


Journals

Post 2

Researcher 207575

I think it it is a good idea to release the journal i understand that it goes into his personal life but i think for die hard nirvana fans that is what they want i disagree with courtney getting the money though i personally disagree with her getting any give it to Frances, Kris and Dave But i am so looking forward toward reading the book i just hope it is done properly


Peace, Love, and Empathy
Christopher


Journals

Post 3

Researcher 213034

I am a complete Nirvana fan... and i can also understand what this particular fan feels about the journals being publisised.
I myself felt exactly the same way, and felt that the "fans" who would read these journals weren't true fans.
However i came into possession of the book over xmas... via xmas present. And i did decide to read the journals. the first thing that becomes blatantly obvious when one reads them, is that Kurt Cobain did everything in his power to make Nirvana a legend and to make HIMSELF a legend. He wanted these journals to be read one day by thousands of people. Thus the fans should not not read them. If one really wants to know the person Kurt really was then this is the best way.
Do not feel ashamed, and even after reading the journals i feel even more a dedicated fan than i was before.


Journals

Post 4

nutta182

I`ve read the Journals, probably one of the hardest books I`ve ever read.
They`re so emotionally charged, one minute a desperate want for fame the next minute total loneliness and depression.
I also found it interesting to read how he wrote lyrics to songs, how they evolved to be the songs that we know and love.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more