A Conversation for Nirvana - the Band

insesticide

Post 1

Itsalloneword

What a load of rubbish, insecticide has loads of great songs on, Anuersyum (or how ever you spell it) is personally one of my favorite Nirvana songs.


insesticide

Post 2

The Cheese

Yeah. I wrote the Entry when I was 13 or so and at the time didn't think highly of Incesticide. Now "Anuerysm" is my favorite Nirvana song ever. Go figure.


insesticide

Post 3

Itsalloneword

Thats cool, sorry for the outburst, even though it was quite a polite outburst!!


insesticide

Post 4

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

Actually, though Aneurysm is a great song, I personally like Sliver better. I don't know, it just seems a bit more 'together', not quite as chaotic. And does anyone else think that Molly's Lips is a creepy song?

p.s. just bought the CD yesterday, although I've listened to it obsessively at music stores and friends' houses! hehe.


insesticide

Post 5

The Cheese

I found Molly's Lips creepy, only because I knew a couple of girls named Molly whom I did not particularly want to kiss smiley - winkeye.

And although Sliver is more "together," I've always preferred Aneurysm-esque "grunge" over Sliver-esque pop.


insesticide

Post 6

Itsalloneword

Right on, the whole reason why anuerseum is so good is exactly because it is chaotic, thats where Cobains genius shone through, his downfall was in writing the more 'together' songs, which is what eventually led to him blowing his head off. Nutter.


insesticide

Post 7

Researcher 205342

I personally think the entire album is complete genious from kurt,dave, and krist. ROCK ON NIRVANA. Also,I think itz a little insensitive how you referred to Kurts deathe as "blowing his head off". Personally,I believe he was murdered. Since I was 8 years old(Ive been a nirvana fan since i was 4 and im now almost 16) I thought that Kurt had killed himself however after going to www.cobaincase.com i COMPLETELY changed my decision. I suggest that you all go and read that,if you havent already. Peace out,Rock on.

Andrea


insesticide

Post 8

The Cheese

However, cobaincase.com and all of those other sites do not make large note of the fact that Kurt DID inject himself with three times the lethal dose of heroin right before he was shot - so whether or not he pulled the trigger, he was prepared to die by his own hand that day.

As well, the anti-Courtney witch hunting amongst bitter Nirvana fans has spawned many of the 'murder theories'. People want someone to blame and they don't want to accept that their hero didn't love himself even a sliver (pun intended) as much as his fans did.


insesticide

Post 9

Jessie, queen of the strange - Nirvana rocks my socks!

I personally believe it was a suicide (whether brought on by pressure from Courtney or not, he still killed himself), but I've seen the explanation that Kurt could have been forcibly injected with enough heroin to instantly knock him out and make shooting him easier. I don't know if it's true or not, but I saw a website which indicated that the injection wounds were messy. Can anyone else back this up?


insesticide

Post 10

Monty_PythonFjords

I Became a Nirvana fan in 1991 - when I was 1 year old!


insesticide

Post 11

Monty_PythonFjords

funny thing is, i thought the Nevermind baby was ME!


Key: Complain about this post