A Conversation for Stainless Steel Teapots - a British Perspective

It's the spout that's the problem

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

Yes, tea dripping from the pot during pouring is a problem. It's down to the nature of the spout. In most places, the stainless steel teapot is of the cheap variety where the 'spout' is just a small part of the body of the pot pushed out to form a 'lip'. These almost invariably drip or dribble. It is possible to get a stainless steel pot with a proper spout. These pour just as well as a ceramic or glass pot. However, they are a little more expensive.

It's also possible to get a stainless steel pot with a protected (e.g. plastic covered) handle that prevents burns. This also adds to the cost. Establishments that use stainless steel pots want to keep costs to a minimum, hence the naff pots they use.


It's the spout that's the problem

Post 2

NPY

I've found that by holding the lid open slightly (with a napkin of course) it stops most if not all of the inevitable dribbling. Hate it when half the tea ends up all round you on the table.


Key: Complain about this post

It's the spout that's the problem

More Conversations for Stainless Steel Teapots - a British Perspective

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more