A Conversation for 'Spaced' - the TV Series

Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 1

Hoovooloo


Johnny Vegas? "Downbeat comic Johnny Vegas", appeared in "Spaced"?

I don't think so.

All I'll say is - which episode, please? And playing what part?

H.


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 2

Nonentity

As this was an an addition by one of the Senior Editors, I think you may have to use Editorial Feedback to find out!

smiley - erm


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 3

Hoovooloo

Ah, I sympathise.

I've had my own entries "improved" by the senior editors before. Why they feel the need to take a perfectly good, accurate entry and add inaccurate crap to them I'll never understand. I mean, if they're going to add to other people's entries, you'd think they'd at least have the courtesy to check whether they're accurate or not.

I'm encouraged to discover this egregious error isn't your fault. Commiserations again.

H.


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 4

Nonentity

No worries!

I've already started a Conversation with Editorial Feedback to find out.

smiley - biggrin


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 5

Ged42

Maybe they got confused with Black Books, which i believe does feature Johnny Vegas in one episode. smiley - erm


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 6

Hoovooloo


I think what winds me up the most about this kind of wilful sloppiness is that it's so unnecessary.

How long does it take to go to IMDb, check out Johnny Vegas's entry, and confirm that he has never appeared in "Spaced"? Answer: about 60 seconds, max.

I've repeatedly asked editors to follow a simple rule - if you're going to add something to an edited entry, CHECK IT. In response, they bleat "We're so busy, we've not got time to check everything." To which I say, if you've got time to add it, you've got time to check it. If you've not got time to check it, LEAVE IT OUT.

Well, it was a good entry aside from that. smiley - ok

H.


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 7

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Or, it could just be an honest mistake, Hoo. Which it was.

Easily removed. Which it has been.


Johnny Vegas? Where? When?

Post 8

Tallulah B

I may have missed the reference - if so, please forgive me, I'm new and I shouldn't be posting at this time of the morning! - but if the eds wanted to mention someone who cameoed and who has developed a higher media profile since, they coulda mentioned Ricky Gervais....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more