A Conversation for Cork, Republic of Ireland

Hurling

Post 1

AliciaDavison

Hiya,
can someone enlighten me on the Cork Hurling team?

Thanks,

Alicia smiley - smiley


Hurling

Post 2

Woodpigeon

Hello Alicia,

I live in Cork, although I am from Kilkenny, so my loyalties are elsewhere. What do you want to know? They are one of the top hurling teams in the country, and jointly share the highest number of all Ireland medals with Kilkenny, who they played (and lost to) in last year's All Ireland Final. They wear a red and white outfit, and they are known in Ireland as The Rebels.

Cork is a county, the largest county in Ireland, and the location of the second largest city in the Republic of Ireland. Hurling is particularly strong in East Cork (Midleton, Killeagh, Cloyne) and the City itself, and it is from here that most of the best hurlers come from.

Interestingly, one of their hottest new players - Setanta O'AilpĂ­n, was enticed to go to Australia late last year to join an Australian rules club, in Melbourne, I think.

Some other prominent players on the Cork hurling team include Diarmuid O'Sullivan, Alan Browne, Joe Deane and Ronan Curran.

Hope that helps!

smiley - peacedoveWoodpigeon


Hurling

Post 3

AliciaDavison

Cool,
thanks for that Woodpigeon,

Alicia smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more