A Conversation for Mick Foley - the Wrestler

Mick Foley

Post 1

Kegg57

That was a great piece. All seriousness people, forget about is it fake, Mick Foley is my personal role model, like him or not, he has a great dedication to the sport he loves, and even though he is retired as a "wrestler", I don't look for him to stay off WWF tv for all that long. He will be back in one form or another!


Mick Foley

Post 2

Mr Hazmandoo (also know as Seven-of-Up to the crew of the Esirpretne)

I certaintly hope so.

Wrestling is fake, everyone knows that, but it doesn't stop me from watching it on Sky all the time - "RAW" and "Smackdown"!

WWF Rocks!


Mick Foley

Post 3

Phill -E-

All us who watch wrestling enjoy it and above all that's the important thing. People 'it's fake' like it's a reason for us not to watch it. Balls to 'em all. Eastenders is fake, what's the difference?
LONG LIVE WWF!


Mick Foley

Post 4

Kegg57

Exactly! BTW guys, I am going to SEE the WWF live here in a few hours. smiley - smiley Anyone wants to talk about it, drop me a line.


Mick Foley

Post 5

Decaf Silicon

The only thing that worries me is the violence and hatred portrayed. Kids might reenact it...
no time to write more, bye.
E-mail me at [email protected]


Mick Foley

Post 6

Kegg57

This is a good point. To be honest with you, this is how I feel, and I am not indorsing this, or throwing off on anyone for anything, so here goes...

I would say that the shows are aimed at adults, and there are warning to that effect ( at least where I watch) and then it really becomes the parent's place to either have a talk to the young ones about it, or not let them watch.
Again, this is just my view. When my ex was living with me, her child loved WWF, but we did sit down and talk about it with her. We told her about how they were just playing and not really hurting anyone, and they were only acting, just like the other shows out there.


Mick Foley

Post 7

Mr Hazmandoo (also know as Seven-of-Up to the crew of the Esirpretne)

Being that the violence is the integral focal point of the spectacle, the pre-viewing warning present on many of the WWF television shows are more to do with the storylines based on sex, sexual nature, etc.

For example, "RAW" is always shown as a more adult show with all the sexual plots thrown in and usually scantily clad appearances from the WWF's few females stars thrown in. "Smack Down", however, is for the younger generation of WWF fans but, obviously, the violence can't really be editted (apart from the odd brutal looking chair shot) and so it is the sexual nature of the show that is taken out.


Mick Foley

Post 8

Baldrick

I dunno about that - remember when Miss Kitty was part of Judas Jarrett Enterprises, the mud match where she lost her top?
Also, I still believe that Mick will be the next commissioner, but as (I think) he's in Asia still on a promo tour, it'll be a long time coming.


Mick Foley

Post 9

Inquisitor No. 5

If anyone around here watched Sunday Night Heat and/or the 2000 King of the Ring earlier this evening, you'd notice that Mick was at WWF New York watching the event with hundreds of fans--and Ivory. He's sporting a new haircut.

Mick's one of my favorite all-time wrestlers, occupying a short list that is topped by Bret Hart. I seriously hope that he continues his affiliation with the WWF as either a commentator, commissioner, or spokesperson.


Mick Foley

Post 10

Kegg57

YEAH! Foley came back tonight on RAW... as the new commish!


Mick Foley

Post 11

Mr Hazmandoo (also know as Seven-of-Up to the crew of the Esirpretne)

Excellent - definatley one of the funniest Raws ever!!!


Mick Foley

Post 12

Baldrick

So was SmackDown! annyone like Mick's choice of office?


Mick Foley

Post 13

Mr Hazmandoo (also know as Seven-of-Up to the crew of the Esirpretne)

Mick Foley getting the Rock this week was hilarious!!!!!

Has anyone else read both their respective books?


Mick Foley

Post 14

Baldrick

I would but I can't find them ANYWHERE.


Mick Foley

Post 15

Kegg57

Yes, they are both good, but they are very different. The Foley book was deeply engrossing and very eye opening. The Rock book was like just a biography really.


Key: Complain about this post