Small Screen Surfin'

2 Conversations

Small Screen Surfin', so regular you can set your bowel by it...

So... ten reasons why Awix abandoning his film post is bad for humanity... Has to be done doesn't it? Just to see if I can come up with ten. And thus this week's journalistic blasphemy is presented in the same way as the Big Brother 4 top ten a few months past: Technicolour! What has this to do with TV you ask? Shh! I say. No give us a proper reason, you say. What was wrong with shh, I say. Well if anything you're just dragging this out to lengthen the introduction, you say. All right I'll begin then, I say. No, you haven't given a proper reason yet, you say. Fine, it's because SSS looks at things on small screens, including pc monitors, I say. Egon did that, you say. No, I did it first, I say....

~~~~~~~~~~

Reason One: We weren't told why 24LAS was put down (That's put down as in opposite of lift, rather than killed.) and haven't been told when if ever it will be back. That kind of thing causes petitions which we'll be asked to answer in the street...

Reason Two: It means there's another Doctor Who addict released into the wild...

Reason Three: 24LAS has been clinically proven to reduce annoying biased film review stains by lesser writers.

Reason Four: More time to catch up on SSS. That's not good for your health.

Reason Five: More time to 'Fix' Tale of the Cape (plug!) issues...

Reason Six: You get a rubbish top ten like this.

Reason Seven: You get a rubbish top ten like this.

Reason Eight: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Reason Nine: 8/10 housewives prefer 24 Lies a Second to 24 Daily Mirror truths a day.

Reason Ten: Abandoning your Post can get you shot in some parts of the world...

Reason Eleven: Blatant inaccuracies get overlooked...

~~~~~~~~~~

2DTV has made its return by now and can be caught on Mondays at 11:00pm ITV1 and over on Paramount tonight (Thursday) we have the return of The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, not that anybody on this website would care...

Speaking of HHGttG, that was referenced in the Red Dwarf series V DVD released last Monday in a showing of an old RD advertisment. Another advert included *sigh* Doctor Who while playing the theme music... Irrelevant to SSS? Not when it links into the supplement nnnnnnnnnnnow--

And now the Small Screen Supplement!

Bumper sci-fi theme-a-rama. Red Dwarf and Hitch-Hikers and uncertified practitioners of medicine, oh my!

Red Dwarf Series V

The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy...

And the (Doctor) Who themes ommitted last week:

Note that all themes download immediately. Neither myself, SSS, The Post or BBCi are responsible for the content of exterior sites.

Keep Surfin'!

Small Screen Surfin'
Archive

HPB

18.11.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1This is more like it.2What the-!?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3290195

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more