A Conversation for English Pubs - A User's Guide

is this legal

Post 1

lordtobs

PLEASE READ THE FULL STORY
at a theatre i queued at the bar at the start of the interval. with only 1 bar staff on i got served a pint of lager and within 30 seconds the buzzer went for act 2 to start.

i then asked for a refund stating i had no time to drink it and i should have been told the show was about to start especially when serving a pint. the barman would not refund me so i asked to speak to someone in charge. he said i could see the manager after the show.

after the performance, no sign of the manager so i decided to leave the refund as i was getting a drink from the bar anyway. i asked the same barman for the a pint of lager without paying as i had paid earlier. he then gave me a pint from the fridge and stated he had saved it from earlier!

bear in mind this was draught lager, it was not fresh (an hour and half later) and it could have been anybody's from earlier. only 1 bar staff as well!

Is this legal? Can action be taken against this venue?


is this legal

Post 2

Mu Beta

You made the mistake in the first place. You cannot expect to order and drink a pint during a 15 minute interval. Order your drink before the performance starts, like everybody else.

You cannot take legal action: you had purchased the pint, there was nothing wrong with it at the time, so you cannot expect any compensation. You are expected to manage your own time and drinking activities, not the theatre.

B


is this legal

Post 3

Mu Beta

And if you are talking about legal action for the barman saving your drink, I think it was purely a goodwill gesture.

B


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more