A Conversation for 'Les Miserables' by Victor Hugo

The Musical

Post 1

Tilly - back in mauve

The musical is on video. It isn't the whole musical, since it is shortened, and it is more like a concert. It is called "Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert" or "Les Miserables - The Dream Cast". It was recorded in 1995 in the Royal Albert Hall. It is quite good! Excellent singers! (Especially that handsome Michael Ball!)

Here is the cast:
Jean Valjean - Colm Wilkinson
Javert - Philip Quast
Fantine - Ruthie Henshall
Marius Pontmercy - Michael Ball
And Jenny Galloway, Alun Armstrong, Lea Salonga, Michael Maguire, Judy Kuhn, Anthony Criviello and many more!


The Musical

Post 2

Gavroche

There is also a video called 'Les Miserables: Stage by Stage'
which is similar to a behind the stages 'Making of' production.

And then there is the Complete Symphonic Recording. This is an audio CD-set containing the complete performance. Every note, every word. And since every word of the performance is sung, the only aspect of the production you are missing is the visual.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more