A Conversation for Harry Potter

The Movie

Post 1

Jim Lynn

Current news about the movie is that Chris Columbus is set to direct. He wrote Gremlins, and directed the first two Home Alone movies.

It remains to be seen if the English setting of the books is allowed to remain, although the level of the books' success might cause them not to tinker with the elements that people enjoy so much.


The Movie

Post 2

Phil

It's never stoped hollywood before...


The Movie

Post 3

Gavroche

Oh yes! Hollywood Bashing is something even us Americans can have fun joining in on.

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley


The Movie

Post 4

Little Mischief

Although it is still too soon to speculate, the latest I've heard was that they are searching for a primarily Brittish and Scottish cast..


The Movie

Post 5

Comatose

I heard a rumor, just a rumor, that Stewven Speilberg would Direct it. I think I could direct it well, and perhaps anger some of those paranoid religious people just a little bit. hehe smiley - fish


The Movie

Post 6

kool

I wish I could be in it.


The Movie

Post 7

Comatose

Who would you play?


The Movie

Post 8

Ford Escort

Stephen Spielberg officially turned down the director position, and it belongs to Chris Columbus. It will be live-action, and will feature a British/Scottish cast and setting, mainly because J.K. Rowling is executive producer.


The Movie

Post 9

Aurora

I read in a newspaper that Hollywood had a Scottish castle beside a loch set for the movie. It's not finalised, but it would mean that it's not set in America. I'm not trying to annoy Americans or anything but the rumors of "Hogwarts High" with cheerleaders for Quidditch was not how I pictured Hogwarts.


The Movie

Post 10

Zenaphin

Stevven Speilberg's not directing cuz JK Rowling turned him down. I dont think they should make a movie. The fourth book is the best yet!


The Movie

Post 11

Baldrick

The Triwizard Tournament virtually rules out Hogwarts High, though, thank God.


The Movie

Post 12

Aurora

The fourth book is the best yet, and if they did make a movie, how on earth would they get the dragons for the tri-wizard tournament?


The Movie

Post 13

Aurora

The fourth book is the best yet, and if they did make a movie, how on earth would they get the dragons for the tri-wizard tournament?

**She falls asleep, having spent all last night secretly reading the fourth Harry Potter book**


The Movie

Post 14

Baldrick

Using the same trick as Red Dwarf probably - CGI dragons overlaid with live action - remember the dancing Midgets? (I maintain that that craft is not a 'Blue Midget' but 'Starbug 2')


The Movie

Post 15

Princess Bride

So is it going to be all seven books in one? that seems lame to me. that's a lot of action for one two hour film...


The Movie

Post 16

Baldrick

Couldn't be done. Seven years in two hours can't be done.


The Movie

Post 17

Princess Bride

Yeah, that's what I'm saying...


The Movie

Post 18

Oscar

They should totally just do the first book and get the special effects right... like making the big wolf thingy and obstacle course really funky.


The Movie

Post 19

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

The movie is NOT trying to do all the books at once. It's intended to be a series of movies (aka Star Wars, etc.). The first movie will cover either book 1 or possibly books 1 and 2. No more. They're aiming to use the same characters throughout the series, so they have to let them grow up a year between filmings.


The Movie

Post 20

Princess Bride

Yay! I am very glad. Thank you for relieving my mind. I think it's neat that they're going to use the same characters and everything too.


Key: Complain about this post