A Conversation for The Triumph GT6 Classic Car

The demise of Rover

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

...may have a silver lining of sorts, in that the Triumph marque and in particular the Spitfire model name may reappear - if the "Alchemy" crowd who are taking over know how to capitalise on the vacuum in the small cheap British sports car market.


The demise of Rover

Post 2

The Fish

Yes, quite true. But then again would they have that much initiative? It would, though, be nice to see a new Triumph on the streets.
smiley - fish


The demise of Rover

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

It would be quite nice to see my old triumph on the streets smiley - winkeye, but be careful what you wish for - they might re-release the Acclaim!


The demise of Rover

Post 4

Wand'rin star

The local press seem to suggest that Rover is being taken over by Ford. Where does this leave Gloria?


The demise of Rover

Post 5

Is mise Duncan

Gloria is, as Gloria was...unfortunately.
No movement on the car ergo no movement by the car. Needless to say the MG mechanic never turned up, and with Poland going live I haven't actually had much time to do anything myself.
The real root of the problem is that I plainly don't need a car at all...but I couldn't bring myself to sell her. Perhaps one of Simon/Rachel/Damian/Richard would like to look after her for a while.
(Unfortunately I can't bring her to Hong Kong so you don't get to be included in this smiley - winkeye )


The demise of Rover

Post 6

Is mise Duncan

...also, Ford are only buying "Land Rover".
The sorry truth is that only this, and possibly MG are of any use in the whole rover company. Nice looking though the new saloon is, nobody wants them. We (Brits) make great niche market vehicles (Rolls, Land Rover, TVR) but are fairly poor at the stock car (no pun intended smiley - winkeye )


The demise of Rover

Post 7

Wand'rin star

OIC


The demise of Rover

Post 8

Is mise Duncan

OIC? Qu'est que c'est?


The demise of Rover

Post 9

Wand'rin star

Rolls on floor in consternation (aided by earache pain). Read it out loud.smiley - smiley


The demise of Rover

Post 10

Is mise Duncan

IC2 - now. Bit dense, but it is a Saturday. I'm off now - going to the Merrion Inn for a late lunch and to watch England v. Brazil.
I think I've earnt it smiley - winkeye.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more