A Conversation for The Triumph GT6 Classic Car

Restoration diary

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

I'm tired of being ribbed about having a half finished car outside my house so I've decided to keep a log of the restoration in order to motivate myself to get it finished soon:

Background (work done so far - w/e 11-Aug-2000)
About 2 years ago the clutch and gearbox simultaneuosly failed so I decided it was time to stop beating about the bush and to do a full restoration. This was also coupled with a desire to improve the car as well as restore it.
Thus far I have replaced the suspesnion with Spax gas adjustable dampers, replaced the clutch master cylinder and pipe, Waxoyled(tm) the chassis to prevent it rusting and resprayed about 75% of the body.


Restoration diary

Post 2

Wand'rin star

Get the other 25% done this w/e . I take it the lady's still in the States?


Restoration diary

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

I haven't got the rest done as I'm waiting for paint - I need one more can to finish the job (yes, well you try and work out the surface are of a curvaceous car ... especially without a tape measure smiley - winkeye ).

Christina only left yesterday am, so yes she is in the states. Thats a bit of a moot point as (a) I'm probably working tomorrow and (b) she wouldn't stop me working on the car ... that she knows, anyway.

All of this may be subject to change, however, as my contract officially ends today and I haven't recieved my extension. If it isn't in th epost this evening, do I come in tomorrow/Monday? Legally speaking they'd have no compulsion to pay me so I'd be reliant on them needing me to come in at a later date...probably a good bet smiley - smiley

Anyhow - I thought you were off home hours ago....


Restoration

Post 4

Wand'rin star

I was,but a couple of nice blokes decided to drink my whisky rather than gouing to the pub


Restoration

Post 5

Is mise Duncan

Aren't you lucky.

I'm debating having a whisky myself when I get home..
on the one hand I definitely deserve it, but on the other its drinking at home alone which is not good....oh the decisions I face smiley - winkeye.


Restoration

Post 6

Is mise Duncan

One week later and no progress. Maybe it'll be sunny on Sunday?
Maybe I shall get paid for all this overtime and thus pay some overworked grease monkey to look at it?
..ah anyhow - I'm off to get my dinner now smiley - winkeye


Restoration

Post 7

Is mise Duncan

At last - the entire outer skin of th ecar is Galaxy Blue - which means that Gloria is no longer plum and a new name may be required?
...now to waxoyl the underbody....


Restoration

Post 8

Is mise Duncan

Have ordered a new petrol pump from Rimmer bros - hope to get that fitted this weekend...


Restoration

Post 9

Wand'rin star

To any eavesdroppers: we are NOT still talking about the same vehiclesmiley - starsmiley - star


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more